Dating services online

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Online dating services - Today hot theme: Sexy single woman in a position to explore, Home Nudist Searches for Nudist Female and also Couple, dating millionaire Sulphur Indiana
   Online dating services   Help Login Register  
Pages: Random Poll [1]
Author Topic: Random Poll

View Profile 
2011-01-03 2-26-14-

Random Poll I think we've touched on this in different ways over the past few months, but today I'm having a tough time and can't seem to just go with it. For those of you who like to read: When you read for work or pleasure and the piece you're reading has grammar/spelling mistakes, does it trip you up to the point that you have to read it again? I love to read and I write a lot so it's hard for me to stay with a book if it has a lot of grammar mistakes. (I'm in no way perfect and I fail miserably in the use of commas). Just today I received a "request for proposal" that looks like it was written by someone with absolutely no skills with sentences or periods or even phonetic spelling... I try never to judge a person's education or ability but this is just damn ridiculous... grrr
Cocksucker for late or early morn, women wanting to fuck

Find Hot Sexy Girls in

View Profile 
2011-01-03 19-35-13

It's hard for me to ignore errors. Sometimes I'm compelled to pencil in a correction! We get a lot of proposals from people who don't speak English as their first language and I try to give them a break and not penalize them for it. I do notice the errors though, and sometimes feel like a snob for it.
San Gabriel Area Friend :), ladies wanting for sex on the side Malta Bend, Fort Hall ID -
  • Womens seeking black cock McFarland CA
  • malter

View Profile 
    2011-01-04 8-04-45-

same here it seems ESL is very common in the IT field. I am a very patient and understanding person but sometimes it's very hard to just "let it slide". And as for corrections...I have to be careful. My gf is terrible with spelling and grammar and always has been. She asked me to proofread and correct some documentation she did a few feeks ago. The next day she comes home and says "guess what? my boss wants to know if I'm back in school..." oops :)
    life is short, enjoy every minute, rich women looking for men Oakbrook Terrace IL, Winona MS - Harrod

View Profile 
    2011-01-04 9-24-31-

and of course I was in a hurry..feeks=weeks
    sexy bbw needs to be spanked, single women looking for men for casuals encounters Belgium, Van Meter IA - Chuathbaluk, Paragonah UT

View Profile 
    2011-01-04 11-49-02

ACK! my eyes, my eyes!!! ;-)
    suck you on your way home, hot female sex seeking Fultonville NY, Port Ewen, Cumberland Center, Thousand oaks - Amador City
  • Local swingers Vanceburg
  • Members in looking for a horny date

View Profile 
    2011-01-04 22-06-37

glass house? lived in
    I Want To Fall Into Bed, married ladies Amity AR, Plato Saskatchewan, Bayside, Durango IA - Kevin, Elk Mountain

View Profile 
    2011-01-05 2-23-25-

Yup! I have a problem with commas, I, put, them, everywhere.
    want a chica with a fit body? drop me an !, sex friends Patton TX, Graniteville-East Barre - Double Oak, Jarvis Ontario
    sex live Balucanan, sexy Virgin Islands, British sluts trying to fuck.

View Profile 
    2011-01-05 2-29-02-

I have a problem with 'ely'. I'm never sure when to drop the e, what is the rule on that?
    Looking for that Right Lady, women looking for men Morrisville PA, Avis, Glen Gardner NJ, Elkland PA -

View Profile 
    2011-01-05 4-34-03-

I could tell you but then I'd have to... *ha anyway...I found lots of examples I could copy and paste for you but for the most part just remember: you don't usually add or drop an e. You're just adding ly. Beautiful becomes beautifully...positive becomes positively. There may be a few exceptions but I can't think of them right now.
    anyone hosting tonight at their hotel or ?, fuck dates - Apex, San Jon
  • Women looking for a man Edon OH
  • haldeman

View Profile 
    2011-01-05 9-45-24-

OK, I'll hang on to my e then and just not worry about it.
    Thursday, Walker & Aycock, 10/7, married horney moms Point Dume, Floral Park, Palm Shores FL, Garrison ND - Spring Bay, Lily SD
  • I personally always choose on gut feelings
  • Members in looking for a horny date

View Profile 
    2011-01-05 12-13-07

I laugh at that stuff and will even tease the writers. Down the street, we have a deli advertising a vaggie bagel. (Should be veggie, of course!)
    single looking for same, woman wanting free dick La Verne CA, Thomasboro IL - Avoca MN
  • Fuck buddies Chicopee

View Profile 
    2011-02-13 8-31-48-

My favorite shoe repair guy has a store with a sign out front that says: SHOE, REPAIR
    Five Random Facts, dating personal ads Garden NY, Sigurd UT, Grimsby , Cecilia - Ellerbe, Vonda Saskatchewan, Nicholson PA, Cedar Hill TX

View Profile 
    2011-03-19 21-16-34

... ...
    wife seeks woman for man, women looking for couple for sex Osprey FL, Black Earth WI, Faxon, Tooele -

View Profile 
    2011-04-17 2-18-52-

. . . . .
    It's all good now OK, find friends online Ubon ratchathani, Penbrook, Meadow, Excelsior - Laytonsville Maryland, Donnelly MN, McKinleyville, Kuitun
    discreet sex in hagerstown md

View Profile 
    2011-09-30 0-59-44-

I don't consider myself a snob for not enjoying a piece of writing that is riddled with errors. I expect a certain amount of consideration for the audience. My grandmother would say "Take care of your clothes and they'll take care of you." I believe the sentiment applies to one's writing too.
    ON MY KNEES --- White 4 Black Top, fortaleza women - Kennesaw, Doe Hill Virginia

View Profile 
    2011-10-11 23-33-15

a book I got from the library once was so badly written,plus the plot was non-existent,that I gave up on it. I think it must have been a vanity publication. Badly written emails I receive I let pass by.
    My Feelings On Love, women and men - Oakman Alabama, Glen Haven Wisconsin
  • Over 40 dating Providence KY
  • lafontaine

View Profile 
    2012-04-01 0-06-23-

I tried to read this book: and it is so badly written that I threw it away last night. Painfully bad writing. I do not know how it got published.
    in search of good fun, hot men central Forest California - Clarksville Tennessee
  • Japanese couple sex Tok AK
  • Karee

View Profile 
    2012-05-22 1-19-43-

I suspect Freemasonry
    hey this sweetBBX, chat friendship online member - Morrisville NC, Ellendale ND

View Profile 
    2013-03-16 22-45-07

I make the corrections in my head It doesn't get to the point where it trips me up necessarily, but I'll notice errors when reading books. I'll wonder why I'm not an editor and think to myself, "Someone got paid to edit this and didn't do their job." Or I'll turn it into a little game, and pretend I'm getting paid to make corrections. That way, it's fun and doesn't irritate me - as much. My mind automatiy notices mistakes, but I've learned to keep these to myself unless specifiy asked. Personally, I'd rather know when I goof, but some people get touchy about it. I've learned "Read this" is not the same as "Edit/Proofread this". (Commas get me, too. I put them everywhere.)
    Precious Superbowl Widow, looking for a lady to fuck Deer Lodge Montana, Canton Georgia -
  • Adult networking Gould Arkansas
  • overbay

View Profile 
    2014-02-07 10-33-32

Professionally published books with typos and grammatical problems cause me sadness, because it means someone was too damn cheap to hire a copy editor or give the thing a decent proofreading. I cut people slack in e-mail (and in places like this). But looking at how people write, sometimes I wonder if textual literacy is becoming a weirdly elitist trait, like latin for medieval monks and rich people. And then I feel like Mrs. Crotchett, English Teacher. Bleah. An RFP falls into a middle ground. Depending on what the RFP was for, I might be tempted to chuck it for slackness of effort.
    Someone wanna hang, ladies cock - Harmony North Carolina, Mancos, Gap Mills West Virginia, Aubrey Arkansas
    Lonely local women want beautiful people dating, Ladies wanting sex Naplate.

View Profile 
    2015-06-24 8-24-42-

I haven't come across too many books with grammar errors. I don't read a lot for pleasure - I pretty much read text books, case studies, and academic journals ALLLL the time for school. What does trip me up is the sexism that I sometimes find in my text books. I get so steamed at the (usually very subtle) sexism that I identify. If I run into that more than a couple of times inbook, I let the professor know that the book offends me, and I usually will stop reading it if I can get away with it.
    Looking for someone in store with, dinner time, Laker gamesAny Years, sexual intercourse - Nazareth Kentucky, Midvale ID
  • Hiya perverts!
  • Dee dee

View Profile 
    2015-10-12 20-35-55

How about when they're in a text book?! One of my favorite texts was chockfull of typos. I really learned a lot in the class but I lost respect for the author/publisher and editors! WEIRD
    ayr adult chat rooms girl with SE bike on lightrail, women and dating Chester Texas -
  • Hot black girls Heflin Louisiana

• Related Posts

Report Abuse

Valid CSS! Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0!